Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Welcome to P.E.

Hello Archway Lincoln Families! My name is Dale Cook and I am the Physical Education teacher for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade. I came to Arizona in 2004 and graduated from Arizona State University with a B.S. in Kinesiology. My wife, Andrea, and I met at ASU and love the Sun Devils. We currently have a 1 year old boy named Cooper, and a 6 year old dog named Chief.

This will be my fifth year teaching P.E. for Great Hearts and I care deeply about our mission. I love that we develop our students morally, intellectually AND physically as I believe we have a lot of opportunity to learn and grow in Physical Education.

My focus in P.E. centers on sportsmanship and joy. I want our students to find joy in learning new skills and trying something that could be challenging. I want them to engage in competition with excitement and learn how to interact with teammates and opponents. I believe the way in which we communicate to one another is essential in how others are going to receive our messages. My goal is to create a foundation in sportsmanship and lead your students to achieve that standard in their interactions.

P.E. will include a variety of sports and fitness topics this school year. We will get to as many team sports as we can fit into the school year. We have plans to sanitize and disinfect the room and the equipment as students come and go. To begin the year, we'll focus on those safe procedures and develop routines that promote spatial awareness as we dive into games and exercises.

If you have any questions, please email me. Thank you for the time and support you give us!

Sincerely,

Coach Cook
cookpe3-5.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment